Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Have to start somewhere

Here is a picture of where I started in January 2010. I was very scrawny growing up and like many people I made a new years resolution to go to the gym everyday to change my life, to stop being made fun of or joked with about being skinny. The other picture is me at my first bodybuilding competition the NGA Potomac Cup in August of 2011. 18 months after beginning my journey, and let me tell you what a journey the fitness lifestyle is. I have grown up playing sports such as baseball, football and my favorite which is wrestling. Bodybuilding/fitness on the other hand has been by far the toughest I have experienced. It is not go to the gym and that's it, yea you've heard it's a clean diet but it is so far past that. It is a LIFESTYLE changing decision. This has taught me more discipline than I have ever experienced, it is something that won't only effect you but the people around you. You better have a good support team, I know you read those motivational quotes that say no matter how many people put you down you have to keep striving or whatever to achieve your goals. Well truth is yes they are right you will be told you can't do it as with every other dream you will ever have but also you will need people saying you can do it. Luckily I have the greatest parents you could ever imagine who supported me every step of the way and an amazing fiance who I can always count on to be their when I am struggling or thinking about backing out because I had a bad day. Guys/girls if you don't have these people come find me on fb or most importantly go to church and find Jesus. Without him your not going to achieve anything worth anything, and I know this for a fact you will always have a true support system. Hang in there guys it's all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment